CARING FOR YOUR JEWELRY
Jewelry is a delicate piece, which requires care to remain always beautiful and safe. No matter how perfect the creation was, the misuse sometimes leads the pieces to lose their sparkle, stain, or even break and lose their stones.
Here are a few tips of care to keep your jewelry always attractive, safe, and looking as if they are brand-new.
HOW TO STORE YOUR JEWELRY
• Always keep your jewelry in well-ventilated places;
• Store them separately to avoid rub and scratches. You may store them in proper cases, such as in your Loxus’ case or velvet pouches.
• Pearls, mother of pearls, and emeralds require special care since they should not stay in damp places or too dry environments.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR JEWELRY
• Daily, a clean and dry cloth is sufficient to clean them and remove any excessive sweating, perfume, or makeup that may accelerate their oxidation process.
• Whenever needed, that is, not very frequently, you may clean it with water and the minimum neutral detergent if there are any traces of apparent fat or dirty (not applicable to pearls, as they are porous). Use a soft toothbrush to rub them gently, and don’t use chemicals. Dry them with a soft cloth or paper tissue.
WHAT TO AVOID
• Don’t use your jewelry during domestic chores or sports activities. They may be damaged by chemicals, strong hits, or the action of uric acid excreted in sweat, accelerating the oxidation process.
• Avoid washing your hands or taking a shower with your jewelry. The soap will temporarily remove their sparkle, leaving them with a “foggy” aspect. Stones are also sensitive to heat and thermal shocks, and the chemical components of bath products may tarnish them.
• Avoid putting on perfumes, creams, or tanning lotions while using the jewelry. When you use such products or any other cosmetics, remove your jewelry and wait a few minutes until the product dries. Put them on only when your skin is dry, as these products may cause irreversible damages to your jewelry.
• Remove your jewelry before entering the sea or in the pool. It is easy to lose them in these environments, and the chlorine action may also cause damages.
• Do not leave your jewelry soaking in boiling water nor with chemical products, such as detergents.
JEWELRY WITH TURQUOISE, OPAL, AND/OR AGATE
Avoid the contact of these gems with water and oil. Clean them with a flannel or suede. If the turquoise is too dirty, you may clean it with some drops of alcohol.
JEWELRY WITH PEARLS
Pearls and mothers of pearls should be clean with dry flannels or cotton, especially after use. Before using them, they may be slightly rubbed with pure and good quality olive oil or almond oil to give an extra shine.
Your Loxus jewelry has a guarantee and authenticity of the used metal and gems.
We indicate, and we are always at your disposal in our stores and sales channels, for maintenance, adjustments, and cleaning, that when made from time to time, will keep your jewelry always clean and in perfect conditions.